Please note the earlier time for this chat: 6:00pm AEDT (Sydney) 7:00am GMT
If you’re in Adelaide you can also join us at The Science Exchange Auditorium, Exchange Place, Adelaide, for the live event (registration required).
Livestreaming at http://riaus.org.au/livestreaming
For this event we’re teaming up with ECR Network by RiAus, an Adelaide-based series of ECR-specific events, covering professional development and career topics specifically for early career researchers, to discuss one of the most often requested topics for ECR Network – how to manage a work-life balance in research.
In a unique event for ECR Network and #ECRchat, we’ll be livestreaming a live discussion from Adelaide and discussing it on twitter with @ECRChat and @Ri_Aus. The speakers at the live event will also be able to interact with the twitter discussion and field questions from those online.
Our 5 main questions will be:
- Am I working hard enough, is a 38 hour week reasonable?
- Can/Should I start a family during a research career, and what are the maternity leave arrangements for ECR’s?
- What are my rights when negotiating contracts?
- How do I identify the right work-life balance?
- How do I restore balance to my life/career?
For more details go to http://riaus.org.au/events/ecr2013-work-life/.