In this chat we covered the following questions relating to public engagement
- There’s been a lot of attention on academic engagement lately – do you think academics do enough to engage the public?
- Given the general consensus that there needs to be more quality engagement, what are your best tips for effective engagement?
2a. What’s the best way for an ECR to get started in public research engagement?
- Should ECRs be required to engage, and what might some of the barriers be to this?
- How do you balance time spent on public engagement with imperatives for more traditional forms of academic ‘productivity’?
- How do you start to engage from early on and learn skills?
- What do you see as the best outcome(s) of academic engagement?
You can find the answers to these questions and lots more discussion in this Storify of the chat.